Lemon Yellow Face Mask

I recently broke out all over my face, chest, back, and other areas of my body in tiny, itchy bumps.  After a quick doctor's visit, it was deduced that I'm allergic to the sun . . . and sunscreen.  I can only use super mild / sensitive products for my skin, and that includes anything that could end up touching my skin; IE: laundry detergent.

I expressed my discontent to my boyfriend about not being able to go cosmetic shopping like normal for fun, girly products (sometimes I think I like the pretty packaging more than actually using the product.)  But the more I thought about it, it seemed to turn into a positive.  Natural, homemade products are great for sensitive skin and affordable.  It also gave me the idea to try facial masks made of household items to nourish and moisturize my dry skin.  I think I'll make it a regular feature on here, so please let me know if you have any fun concoctions you'd like to share (:

I call this recipe the 'Lemon Yellow' Face Mask.

Mix the following and apply to your face:
-1 egg
-1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
-1 teaspon lemon juice
After 10 minutes, wash off.  It's as simple as that!


 
I found that the mask tightened, firmed, and left my skin feeling silky smooth.  It also smells amazing!  I don't know if this is wishful thinking, but I feel like the soothing nature of the mixture also decreased the redness and itchiness from my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment