Mortal Kombat

Last night I received a notification that the blogger fashionlaine liked one of my posts on Instagram.  Naturally I went on over to her Instagram and subsequently her blog.  Her bio on Insta reads 'Be what you want.  Wear what you want.'  So simple, but I think it's a great reminder to embrace your sense of self when it comes to style and fashion.  Sometimes I can get caught up in wanting to emulate a certain image.  Look a certain way.  Send across a particular message.  Whether something might be "too much".  Or people might think "who the h-e-l-l does she think she is wearing something like that?"  When really I should be wearing whatever the heck I want!  I'll be happier knowing I'm being true to my self, and I think other people will be happier that I'm presenting the most genuine / raw version of myself.  Ordinarily I would overanalyze the outfit below.  I would think oh, I can't do ripped jeans, camo print, AND fringe.  That is just too, too much.  But instinctually when I looked in my closet this morning, this is exactly what I wanted to wear.  So I went with it!



I like to call this I'm-tired-couldn't-be-bothered-to-style-it's-cold-I'm-going-to-be-outside-first-day hair.


These jeans are unbelievably comfy and actually quite flattering on the rear.


I love how fun this shirt is.  I think the fringe detailing adds extra oomph to an otherwise pretty casual piece.


I really don't know what it is with me and camo.  I can't even pinpoint the moment in time where this love affair began.  '...but there's somethin bout your love that makes me weak...and knocks-me-off-my-feet.'


Knapsack guard in action #WOOF


What I'm Wearing:
Necklace - Ibiss
Top, Jacket, and Jeans - Crossroads
Bangles - Thrifted
Backpack - F21
Shoes - Wanted Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment