Fashion Resolution: Repurpose

Another one of my fashion resolutions is to 'Repurpose'.  Repurpose clothing so that I can wear it year-round instead of having a strictly winter wardrobe, summer wardrobe, etc.  This can be a little tricky when it's cold outside and you don't want to bother with reinventing summer pieces and think about exactly how you are going to layer everything and still make it look chic.  Personally when I'm cold, I don't want to think about it.  Most of the time it's a sweater, beanie, jeans, boots, and I'm done.  Especially when it's in the morning / getting ready for work.  My feet are going in socks immediately and I'm grabbing the first clean item that will warm me up.  But i think there's value in taking time to think about how you can wear off-season pieces in different ways.  By taking a few hours on the weekend to come up with different outfits, you can save time getting dressed during the week.  And of course there's the monetary value of getting more bang for your buck the more you wear something.


I repurposed this summer dress by pairing it with a blazer, leggings, and boots.


It actually warmed up quite a bit today and while I was shooting out in the sun, I was able to remove the blazer and still refrain from being cold.  Plus I wanted to give you an idea of what the dress looked like without the blazer (:


I love how forgiving this dress is.  It's form-fitting but has the ruching detail that hides imperfections.  And lord knows I have not been wor-kin-on-my-fit-ness.


No pictures of the dogs today, so I thought I'd wear my dog whistle in spirit.  Only kidding, but they were just a little too hyper for photos today.  I think they know this is their last day to party before MONDAY (my arch nemesis).


I also like the winter floral feel of this dress.  I feel like the dark colors and purples make it less summer-y.


What I'm Wearing:
Dress and Boots - Crossroads Trading Co
Blazer - Francesca's 
Necklace - Stella and Dot
Leggings - Sportsmart
Purse - F21

No comments:

Post a Comment