Shop Styling

Many of my friends find it odd that I can spend hours upon hours browsing online shops but never actually buying anything.  Well, part of the reason is that I feel that shopper's high just from looking at things and thinking that I will purchase them and that they will later reside in my closet.  The other (bigger) part however is that while I shop online, I'm actually shopping more for styling tips than I am for items. 

I browse through my favorite online shops, stop on the looks that I like, and mentally go to a place where I am substituting those items that this shop has styled so amazingly for items that I already have in my closet.

Next time you feel like you are in a fashion rut or "have nothing to wear", try this!  Go online shopping, but for styling tips instead of purchases.  The items that you own don't have to be exact duplicates of what's in that store.  It's all about inspiration - taking what you already have and creating something you would've never thought to create otherwise.



 I love this casual/sporty look for weekend wear and am already thinking about pairing my sneaks with a loose ripped jean + moto jacket.


I love that this look takes something preppy / work appropriate (a sweater witha a collared shirt underneath) and gives it edge with stocky boots and tight leather pants.


This look is all about the details.  A shorter skirt with a longer sweater, a simple knot of a t-shirt, and huge chunky platforms.


This layering.  Need I say more?


This look is so sleek and chic but rocker at the same time.  I can't wait to try something similar.


Put your pom poms down for me!  As soon as I get some extra spending money, this bad boy is mine (:




The first three looks (and last look) are from Missguided.  The other two looks are from Forever 21.


2 comments: