An "I JUST CAN'T" Trend

As a girl who loves trends and looks forward to bloggers who post new and different ways to style old pieces, "I JUST CAN'T" with some trends.  Finding a new trend that I like and think would work with my style is an awesome feeling, but that doesn't mean that I wear every single new thing that comes out just because it's "in".  Doesn't that defy the whole concept of "personal style"?  Wearing something simply because others are or because the "taste makers" have deemed it to be "cool"?  
"Sorry" "I'm" "really" "going" "overboard" "with" "the" "whole" "quotes" "thing" "here".

I hate posting about things I hate, because I feel like it just comes off as negative [and ain't nobody got time for that!]  So let's make this positive.  There is an infinite amount of choices out there when it comes to what you wear and how you wear it.  Choose what's best for you.  What catches your attention.  What you don't have to think twice about.  Because it just . . . works for you.  And forget about the rest.  Identifying what doesn't work for me opens up the door to all of the other things that do.  So in the most idealistic way, I am professing my distaste for the 'high fashion' sneaker.  Namely, wearing trainers (nikes, new balances, etc.) that typically belong in the gym with an otherwise feminine or fashion forward outfit.  





DISCLAIMER:  I think this look does look cool on a lot of women!  But it's NOT FOR ME.  I can appreciate the images I am about to show you below, but that's all I am inspired to produce from this trend - appreciation.  I have no intention of now, nor ever, implementing this look into my own fashion repertoire.


Nope, just can't do it.  She still looks beautiful though and should obviously wear whatever the hell she wants.


I love this girl's outfit.  And her style.  And her beautiful face.  And it actually doesn't look half bad with the sneaker.  But I JUST CAN'T.


Sooo adorable.  I love me a pair of overalls / quirky cute fashion.  I might wear this with a converse shoe, but not with what I call a "trainer".




ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: I mean no offense to anyone who sports this trend.  I simply believe in embracing what's right for you and dismissing the rest.  All of the women pictured above are beautiful and look great, we just don't have the same style (and we shouldn't!)  I love diversity in the fashion world.


What's a trend that's not for you?  In a way, identifying what's not for you, enhances the sense of self you already have.  And I think that's always cool.

Lots of Love,
J




Pictured Above:
1st Image - Found on Pinterest HERE
2nd Image - the chronicles of her [love this blog!!]
3rd Image - Found on Pinterest HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment